Monday, September 6, 2010

Sick Day

He even smiled for the picture when he felt so bad
I woke up today so excited because we were going to spend the day at Falls Lake with the Brighams on their boat.  I got up early, took a shower and had my plan in my head of all the stuff I needed to pack up.  I walked out in the living room and got a huge smile and a "hi Mommy" from my precious Sarah and barely a word from Benjamin.  Immediately, I asked what was wrong and he said "nothing."  I thought it was weird, but I had my plan I needed to work on.  Benjamin mentioned that he wanted to stay home with Nana and didn't want to go on the boat.  Again, I thought it was odd because he always loves to play with Michael and Matthew.  I told him that Michael and Matthew would be disappointed if he didn't come and basically told him he had to go.  I started working on the getting drinks together and thinking about what I was going to take for lunch.  Benjamin came to me with a sick look on his face and said he felt like he was going to throw up.  I picked him up and raced him to the bathroom, but he didn't quite make it.  He threw up several more times during the day, but did a great job of making it to the bathroom each time.  We spent the day on couch watching Curious George, eating crackers, toast and water.  He was feeling a little better when he went to bed.  I am just praying for an uneventful night.
Finally fell asleep

1 comment:

Brandi Walker said...

I hope our buddy feels better soon- poor guy. Maybe that explains the red cheeks at our house.