Thursday, September 2, 2010

First Day of Preschool

What a great day.  Benjamin started his first day of 4 year old preschool and Sarah started preschool for the first time.  I always get a little nervous about taking Benjamin to something new.  My stomach actually turns and churns.  He is famous for screaming bloody murder and holding on to us for dear life.  We had a totally different day today, though.  He gave Sarah and me hugs and kisses, walked right into his class, hung up his school bag and didn't look back.  Miracles truly do occur.

Sarah, my little social butterfly was so happy to be going to preschool.  She tried to go into Benjamin's class, but I told her we needed to go to her class.  She started jumping up and down the hall saying, "my class, my class."  I walked her into her class and she bolted to find the toy babies.  I told her good-bye, and she barely said anything, turned around, and kept playing. 

Both of their teachers said that they had fabulous days.  Mommy is very happy.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Brett was the same way this year - he went right in and didn't look back. Kate was pretty much ok the first day - a little apprehensive, but has cried every day since! I hope that Benjamin and Sarah continue to LOVE it :)

Brandi Walker said...

Super proud of both of them. Seriously, Brandie- could you have cuter kids???