Friday, July 11, 2008

Making Cupcakes








Benjamin loves to watch Jon and Kate Plus 8, so Geoff and I have set up our DVR to record the new episodes. A couple days ago, he asked me to watch "Johnny Kate." We watched the episode in which the sextuplets were celebrating their 4th birthday. They celebrated by going to a hands-on bakery to decorate cupcakes. I think we have now watched that episode 4 times in the last 2 days. Benjamin gets so excited about the little kids decorating cupcakes and wants to do what they are doing. I thought this was a great opportunity for a bribe. We were going to have our picture taken for one last family shot before Sarah gets here and I knew it would be pulling teeth to get Benjamin to cooperate. I told him that if he was a good boy and let us take a family picture, then we would make cupcakes. Well, I am not sure if the photo shoot was a complete success, but he had the best time making and decorating cupcakes.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Brett loves that show too - I don't know what it is! We just watched the cupcake episode the other day and he immediately wanted to do it too.

I just saw Geoff's e-mail - congrats on baby Sarah - she's beautiful, and Brandi, you look way too good and alert to have just had a baby! Congrats!